Medicare Advantage is leading the innovative use of value-based care — delivering better health outcomes, through better quality care at a better cost for Medicare beneficiaries.
- Medicare Advantage is the public-private partnership in Medicare where 27 million seniors and Americans with disabilities receive coverage today.
- 98 percent of Medicare Advantage beneficiaries report that they are satisfied with their health coverage, and 97 percent report satisfaction with their network of physicians, hospitals, and specialists.
- Medicare Advantage enrollees report nearly $1,600 in savings compared to beneficiaries in Traditional Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage’s population is increasingly diverse. 31.5% percent of beneficiaries are minorities, compared to 20.8% percent in Traditional Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage beneficiaries experience more preventive care and screenings and lower rates of avoidable hospitalizations compared to those enrolled in Traditional Medicare.
- Unlike Traditional Medicare, for which an individual pays a separate monthly premium for hospital visits, doctors/outpatient, and prescription drugs, Medicare Advantage typically covers all in one monthly premium, often with extra benefits at a lower cost to the enrollee.