Better Medicare Alliance (BMA), a Washington, D.C. based non-profit that advocates for Medicare Advantage on behalf of a coalition of stakeholder organizations, and beneficiaries is seeking a Digital Director.
The Digital Director will work directly with the Vice President of Communications and will have the primary responsibility for maintaining websites and platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. They will also be responsible for graphic design work, curating shareable content, maintaining brand consistency across platforms, and analyzing the performance of various media campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a strong digital communicator with experience using Adobe Creative Suite (including Adobe Premiere and InDesign), WordPress, Canva, and other platforms. They will also possess superb writing skills, be able to meet deadlines, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment that can change quickly based on actions in Congress or the administration. The ideal candidate will have an interest in health care policy and an appreciation for the political dynamics of current health care issues.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive benefits and growth potential. The ideal candidate should be one who can work collaboratively within a small, skilled team of professionals and contribute to and implement the strategic vision of the organization.
- Manage digital media planning, strategy, and goal setting.
- Lead the development and posting of digital content for social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and so forth.
- Develop weekly content calendars for all social media platforms.
- Create and post updates, news, photos, videos, announcements, and other content on relevant accounts in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Grow online social media networks and presence.
- Lead Search Engine Optimization efforts and maintain steady inbound website traffic while retaining core audiences.
- Use data to report to staff on content performances, assess trends, and activity to drive advocacy and enhance future campaigns.
- Lead the development of social media toolkits for new BMA studies and reports.
- Make updates to the website as needed.
- Assist with the design of longform writing projects (e.g., newsletters, blog posts) as directed by the Vice President of Communications.
- Coordinate and run virtual meetings (e.g., Zoom, WebEx).
- PowerPoint, as needed by staff.
- Provide assistance with events, including invitation design, managing RSVPs, etc.
- Compile daily media clips for staff.
- 2-4 years of communications, digital content, marketing or similar experience.
- A B.S.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb writing capabilities.
- Ability to explain policy issues on digital platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere, WordPress, and Canva.
- Some knowledge of health policy issues preferred.
- Congressional experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team.
This position is in Washington, DC, with BMA following a hybrid work schedule. Please send resume, cover letter, and 2-3 work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.