Better Medicare Alliance (BMA), a Washington based non-profit that advocates for Medicare Advantage on behalf of a coalition of stakeholder organizations and beneficiaries, is seeking an Ally Manager.
The candidate will be expected to have experience in organizing and coordinating grassroot and grass tops strategies and tracking their activities. They should have the skills and relationships to work closely with senior leadership in supporting the government affairs, communications, and policy functions of the organization. The ideal candidate has a working knowledge of Medicare Advantage (MA) and how it relates to our Ally organizations and MA beneficiaries. The Ally Manager is an integral part of the BMA organization and will report to the Vice President of Government Affairs in developing and implementing the government related functions included in the BMA strategic plan.
- Track, coordinate, develop, and manage the over 200 Ally organizations that BMA has relationships with.
- Assist BMA in identifying new relationship opportunities and build a stronger network of Allies.
- Maintain BMA Ally contacts and activity databases.
- Monitor discussions on social media platforms particularly Facebook and Twitter and respond in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Regularly provide insights gained from grassroots and grass tops community monitoring to help inform BMA engagement strategies and increase Ally participation in advocacy.
- Network with community members and develop Community Champions.
- Develop and maintain community advocacy resources, guidelines, and policies.
- Draft materials and occasionally engage with Medicare Advantage beneficiaries, including an annual Enrollment Guide, bi-weekly newsletters, regular blogs, and factsheets on topics such as Medicare Plan-Finder.
- Assist in implementing an online digital community strategy, coordinating with Medicare Advantage beneficiaries with the help of various communication tools, including online surveys and petitions through Phone2Action, Quorum, and NationBuilder.
- Engage with Medicare Advantage advocates to develop their stories, answer their questions, and respond to their emails in a timely manner.
- Work with the Director of Communications to develop and implement community promotion and engagement strategies as they relate to the organization’s strategic goals including, roundtable meetings, tele-townhalls, and congressional engagement as appropriate.
- 4-6 years of successful experience in managing advocacy and public affairs in a corporate, association, and trade group setting.
- Ability to work with Ally members in identifying policy positions with the goal of producing aligned agendas that further BMA’s priorities; demonstrated skills in leading consensus-building processes.
- The ability to balance multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities to achieve a positive outcome.
- Ability to navigate high-impact and complex situations.
- An eagerness to execute a hands-on approach to build credibility, relationships, and knowledge.
- Outstanding personal communicator with the stature and presence to represent the organization with stakeholders, partners, and other trade associations, and a track record of nurturing positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a small, high performing organization with a professional environment, stakeholder service-focused environment.
- The ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs into concise and credible messages with a proven track record of delivering high-volume and high-quality work.
- Strong verbal, written and public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- A collaborative style, to meet challenges and defend ideas and strategies; ability to offer creative pathways or alternative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
BMA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is in Washington, DC, with BMA following a hybrid work schedule. Please send resume, references, and applicable writing samples to email@example.com.