Better Medicare Alliance, (BMA), is the leading national advocacy and research non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. that advocates for Medicare Advantage beneficiaries on behalf of a coalition of stakeholder organizations and beneficiaries. Medicare Advantage now covers the lives of more than 50 percent of the Medicare population.
BMA is a community of one million Medicare Advantage beneficiaries and over 200 Ally organizations and experts, caregivers, health plans, doctors, nurses, and aging and community-based organizations leading the way on health care access and affordability, driven by our common goal to support and strengthen Medicare Advantage. More than 31 million beneficiaries have made the choice to enroll in Medicare Advantage. Seniors and people with disabilities deserve quality, affordable health care — and we believe Medicare Advantage provides the opportunity for a healthier future.
BMA’s mission is to build a healthy future for seniors by advocating for a strong Medicare Advantage. Our expert staff provides timely research that builds the evidence for the value of Medicare Advantage. We advocate for policies that ensure access, quality, and affordability to improve outcomes for all Medicare Advantage beneficiaries. We partner with the Medicare Advantage ally community and mobilize beneficiaries giving them the tools they need to speak up for the option of Medicare Advantage.
The Ally Manager will lead, manage, organize all ally engagement operations and coordinate with the over 200 Ally partners of BMA, and stakeholders in the Medicare Advantage community. He/she/they will work closely with senior BMA leadership advancing ally priorities and executing ally engagement in the communications, government affairs, policy and research functions of the organization. As an integral part of the BMA organization, the ideal candidate will bring creative, strategic and operational ideas to this role. The Ally Manager will report to the SVP, Communications.
- Develop annual Ally Strategic Engagement Plan with goal of engaging BMA’s over 200 allies in BMA advocacy and research efforts to strengthen and protect Medicare Advantage for the over 30 million beneficiaries.
- Manage, coordinate, develop, and track the over 200 ally organizations relationships.
- Lead BMA’s strategy and plans to recruit and retain allies, including identifying new relationship opportunities and building on the strong network of Allies.
- Maintain BMA Ally contacts and activity databases.
- Map ally relationships and opportunities to amplify BMA’s policy advocacy objectives.
- Monitor ally activity on social media platforms coordinating any strategic response in a timely manner where appropriate.
- Network with ally community members and develop Ally Community Champions.
- Develop and maintain community advocacy resources, guidelines, and policies.
- Work with SVP, Communications in drafting ally materials including, bi-weekly newsletters, regular blogs, and factsheets.
- Develop and implement Ally community promotion and engagement strategies as they relate to the organization’s strategic goals including, roundtable meetings, tele-townhalls, and congressional engagement as appropriate.
- Conduct annual Ally audit and Ally survey to identify Ally priorities, levels of BMA engagement and assessment of allies’ interest in participating in BMA advocacy efforts.
- Communicate and collaborate with the broader stakeholder community including coalitions, trade associations and other external stakeholders to advance BMA’s policy positions and solutions.
- 5-7 years of successful experience managing allies and/or advocacy groups in a non-profit, corporation, trade association or public affairs firm.
- Strategic ability and interpersonal skills to work with Ally members to identify policy positions with the goal of producing aligned agendas to further BMA’s Medicare Advantage priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in leading consensus-building processes.
- Experience balancing multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities to achieve a positive outcome.
- Qualified in navigating high-impact and complex situations.
- An eagerness to execute a hands-on approach to build credibility, relationships, and
- Outstanding personal communicator with the stature and presence to represent the organization with stakeholders, partners, and other trade associations, and a track record of nurturing positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Knowledge of the health care ecosystem a must.
- Project management, schedule coordination and Ally engagement tracking.
- A passion for working in and creating collaborative environments integrating systems and tools enabling strategic coordinated alignment between BMA and Allies.
- Ability to work in a high performing professional stakeholder service-focused environment.
- The ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs into concise and credible messages with a proven track record of delivering high-volume and high-quality work.
- Strong verbal, written and public speaking and presentation skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- A collaborative curious style, to meet challenges and defend ideas and strategies; ability to offer creative pathways or alternative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An advanced degree is preferred, but not required.
An attractive compensation and benefit package will be offered to attract the most qualified candidates. This position is in Washington, DC, with BMA following a hybrid work schedule.
Please send resume, references, and applicable writing samples to Ann Castagnetti (email@example.com).