Falls Prevention in Medicare Advantage
Medicare Advantage plans partner with community-based organizations to provide evidence-based Falls Prevention Programs.
• For older adults, falls are the leading cause of injuries and injury related deaths.
• $31 billion of Medicare costs are related to falls each year.
• Medicare Advantage contracts with community-based organizations to provide falls prevention programs to beneficiaries.
• Falls prevention programs that lead to significant behavioral changes avert medical costs.
• Medicare Advantage plans promote falls prevention programs by increasing awareness and recruiting at risk beneficiaries
• Reducing falls risk is a quality measure in Medicare Advantage.